Regional Anesthesia Experience
- Each resident spends two rotations dedicated solely to performing peripheral nerve blocks and catheters.
- We have full-time regional anesthesia nurse support whose role is to assist the regional service with patient positioning, charting and stocking equipment, allowing the resident to focus on performing procedures.
- While we do have a Regional Anesthesia Fellowship, residents perform all nerve block procedures, and the regional fellows and attendings function as teachers.
- Each resident far exceeds the minimum number of nerve blocks required by the ACGME. Upon leaving UNC, our graduates often feel like the experts in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia in their respective practices.
- Many of our residents choose to take advantage of the regional anesthesia fellowship offered at UNC.