Please read and follow the steps below to create an account in iLab before scheduling or sending out an imaging request:
- Each user needs to register with iLab first for future imaging studies. If you already have an account, including chart string billing information, you can jump to #6 below to schedule your study. If not, please continue.
- For external users, you can go directly to register by individual by clicking the blue button below and complete the registration, then go to #6.
You will receive a “welcome to iLab” email with your login and password within one day following a short review process.
- For UNC internal users, the principle investigator (PI) needs to register first by clicking the above button. Once a PI’s account has been approved, members in the lab can register using the same link above and choose the PI’s lab during the registration process. PI’s, please communicate with your lab members after your account has been approved so they can register.
- For UNC PIs, chart fields should automatically be in Ilab. The PI can designate the lab manager or someone in your department as a financial administrator to manage the accounts. If you are not a UNC user, then you must enter your billing information during registration.
- The PI or Lab Manager will need to assign each member in your lab to at least one chart-string in order for him/her to book studies in iLab. This can be done by clicking on “Manage Account Numbers” in your lab settings.
- Once your account has been approved and you have at least one chart-string assigned, you can access the UNCCH cores that are live within the iLab system by logging in with your username and password at the following link:
Click on the “Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC)” link on the left side of the iLab page to either reserve equipment (for trained users) by clicking on the “Reserve Equipment” tab or send a service request via the “Request Services” tab for a staff assisted study.
In order to add chart string information you will need to click on the “request” button within the lab under the “membership and requests & chartfield strings” tab. There you will be able to specify which chartfield you would like added for scheduling and billing. This will be done by the university and not the user or PI as it was in the past. If there are questions regarding this please contact UNC Core Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or issues that arise after the implementation please contact:
- email@example.com; Small Animal MRI staff, for issues and questions about scheduling on equipment calendars, requesting services, current appointments and billing.
- firstname.lastname@example.org; the SOM Business office, for issues and questions about managing iLab research groups and chartfield string entry and management.
- iLabemail@example.com; iLab technical support, for issues and questions about accessing your iLab account or reporting bugs.