Rigor and Reproducibility
UNC CryoEM Core Rigor and Reproducibility Commitment
The CryoEM Core is committed to providing researchers advice, training, access to equipment, and services for high-resolution cryoEM. There are several ways we contribute to scientific rigor and reproducibility.
- The microscope is routinely maintained, aligned, and benchmarked with a biological sample to ensure data quality.
- Data collected on the microscope is processed on-the-fly to assess data quality. The raw and pre-processed data is provided to researchers.
- Equipment used for specimen preparation is maintained, tested, and benchmarked with a biological sample to ensure it is in working order.
- If we notice an error or malfunction in the equipment, microscope, or software that compromises data quality, we will contact those affected and work to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- We provide SOPs for the operation of CryoEM Core equipment, including the Vitrobot and Talos Arctica.
- A CryoEM Core Staff member is on-site during normal working hours and available to assist users if they require help.
- We offer training for the electron microscope and specimen preparation for single-particle cryoEM.
- We offer assistance in grant writing, and for preparing the method section of a scientific paper.
- We offer assistance in project planning and consultation for researchers interested in starting a cryoEM project.