Patricia A. Roush, AuD
Director, Pediatric Audiology
MA: Audiology, University of Iowa, 1976
AuD: University of Florida, Gainesville, 2005
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2009-present
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2005-2009
- Clinical Instructor, Dept. of Otolarynoglogy/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2003-2005
- Director of Pediatric Audiology, UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, 2000-present
- Clinical Audiologist and Co-Director, Cochlear Implant Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 1990-2000
- Pediatric Audiologist, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA, 1986-87
- Coordinator, Audiology and Deaf Education, Children’s Hospital of Denver, Denver, CO, 1982-86
- Clinical Audiologist, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1980-82
- Clinical Audiologist, Constance Brown Hearing and Speech Center, Kalamazoo, MI, 1976-79
- UNC Clinical Preceptor of the Year Award, presented by UNC AuD students, May 2007.
- 3rd Annual Tribute to the Legacy of Dr. Daniel Ling, Award presented at the 2005 N.C. A.G. Bell Conference, November 3, 2005
- Roush,P., Frymark,T., Venediktov,R., Wang, B., Audiological management of children with auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder : A systematic review of the literature, American Journal of Audiology (accepted July 2011)
- Buchman, C., Teagle, H., Roush, P., Park, L., Hatch, D., Woodard, J., Adunka, O., Zdanski, C. Cochlear Implantation in Children with Labyrinthine Abnormalities and Cochlear Nerve Deficiency: Implications for Auditory Brainstem Implantation. The Laryngoscope, 121(7) 2011
- Teagle, HFB, Roush, PA, Woodard, JS, Hatch, D.R., Buss, E, Zdanski, CJ, Buchman, CA, Cochlear Implantation in Children with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder Ear and Hearing, 31(3), 2010
- Adunka, OF, Roush, PA, Teagle, HFB, Brown, CJ, Zdanski, CJ, Jewells, V, Buchman, CA. Internal Auditory Canal Morphology in Children with Cochlear Nerve Deficiency. Otology & Neurotology ,27:793-801, 2006
- Buchman, CA, Roush, PA, Teagle, HFB, Brown, CJ, Zdanski, CJ, Grose, JH, Characteristics of Auditory Neuropathy in Children with Cochlear Nerve Deficiency. Ear and Hearing, 27 (4), August 2006
- Cullen, RD, Zdanski, Z, Roush, P, Brown, C, Teagle, H, Pillsbury HC 3rd, Buchman, C. Cochlear Implants in Waardenburg Syndrome. The Laryngoscope, 116 (7): 1273-1275, July 2006.
- Adunka, OF, Roush, PA, Grose, J, Macpherson, C , Buchman,CA, Monitoring of Cochlear Function During Cochlear Implantation. The Laryngoscope. 116(6): 1017-1020,June 2006.
- Roush, PA Hearing aid fitting in infants: Practical considerations and challenges. In RC Seewald and JM Bamford (eds.) A sound foundation through early amplification 2004: Proceedings of the third international conference (pp. 105-114). Stafa, Switzerland: Phonak AG 2005.
- Roush, J., Holcomb, M, Roush, PA, Escolar, ML. When Hearing Loss Occurs with Multiple Disabilities, Seminars in Hearing. 25(4), 2004.