Newton D. Fischer Distinguished Professor of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Director, UNC Craniofacial Center (School of Dentistry)
Executive Associate Dean of Academic Programs, UNC School of Medicine
Vice Chair of Faculty Development, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Pediatric otolaryngology, pediatric airway disorders, craniofacial anomalies.
- Appointments: (984) 974-6484
- Surgery Scheduler: Phyllis Dixon (919) 966-9153
- Medical Assistant: Gina Kim (984) 974-3515
- Administrative Coordinator: Ellen Doutt (919) 966-3343
- MD: University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 1981
- Residency: Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1981-1983
- Residency: Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1983-87
- Fellowship: Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1987-1988
- Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2001-present
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UNC, 2001-present
- Director, UNC Craniofacial Center, UNC School of Dentistry, 2001-present
- Chief, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2001-2010
- Newton D. Fischer Distinguished Professor of Surgery, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery UNC, 1999 – present
- Associate Professor of Surgery/Otolarynogology, UNC, 1994-2001
- Associate Professor, Department of Pedicatrics, UNC, 1994-2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UNC, 1989-1994
- Assistant Professor of Surgery/Otolaryngoogy, University of Michigan School of Music, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988-1994
- Adjunct Professor, Vocal Pedagogy, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 1986-1987
- Vice Presidential Citation, Southern Section of the Triologic Society, January 2012.
- Senior Associate Fellow of the UNC School of Medicine Academy of Educators, 2008-2013
- Gabriel F. Tucker Award, for significant contributions to the field of pediatric laryngology, presented at the annual meeting of the American Laryngological Association, Chicago, Illinois, May 20, 2006.
- Who’s Who in Medical Sciences Education. 2005-present.
- Top Doctor in America, selected by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. based on peer nominations, in “America’s Top Doctors” published in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
For a complete list of recent publications, please visit Dr. Drake’s PubMed listing.