Vice Chair of Academics & Outreach
Nathaniel and Sheila Harris Distinguished Professor
Chief, Division of Rhinology, Allergy, and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Endoscopic minimally invasive management of sinusitis, CSF rhinorrhea, and tumors of the anterior skull base; surgical management of sleep apnea and snoring; allergy.
- Appointments: (984) 974-6484 opt. 2
- Surgery Scheduler: Ali Turner (919) 966-8961
- Nurse: Ebony Walker, LPN (984) 974-3515
- Administrative Coordinator: Kathy Bogie (919) 966-3344
- MD: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 1990
- Residency: General Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 1990-1991
- Residency: Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, The Combined Otolaryngology Training Program of Bostron University and Tufts University, Boston, MA, 1991-1995
- Fellowship: Rhinology and Sinus Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1995-1996
- Professor, Chief, Division of Rhinology, Allergy, and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2008-present
- Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, UNC, 2008-present
- Vice Chairman of Clinical Affairs, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2015-present
- Vice Chairman of Academic Affairs, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2008-2015
- Associate Professor, Chief, Division of Rhinology, Allergy, and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2001-2008
- Associate Professor, Director of Rhinology & Sinus Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology/Head&Neck Surgery, Dept. of Surgery, UNC School of Medicine, 1999-2001
- Senior Staff Surgeon, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Specializing in Management of Sinus Disease & Sleep Disorders, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, 1996-99
- Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors, 2009-present
- Nathaniel and Sheila Harris Distinguished Professor – June 2011
- Distinguished Service Award – 2010 : American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Guest of Honor, New York Rhinology Meeting, May 16, 2008, New York, New York
- Presidential Citation, Triologic Society, May 1, 2008, Orlando, Florida
- Best Doctors in America, USA and North Carolina, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Medal for People’s Health, from the Minister of Health of Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam, August 24, 2007.
- Sam Sanders Basic Science Research Award, Discovering Eotaxin at the Frontier of Sinusitis. Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, Toronto, September, 2006
- Freshman Basic Science Course Award, 2006-7, University of North Carolina Medical School, August 16, 2006
- People’s Medal, Peoples Committee HCMC, Vietnam for service to people of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, March, 2006
- Humanitarian of the Year, Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Los Angeles, September, 2005
- Unlocking Possibilities Award, BrainLab, AG, Munich, Germany, 2004, 2005
- Who’s Who in America, 2001, 2004
- Honor Award, American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 2004
- Rhee JS, Weaver EM, Park SS, Baker SR, Hilger PA, Kriet JD, Murakami C, Senior BA, Rosenfeld RM, DiVittorio D. Clinical consensus statement: Diagnosis and management of nasal valve compromise. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Jul;143(1):48-59.PMID: 20620619 [PubMed – in process]Related citations.
- Ebert C, Senior B. A review of minimally invasive pituitary surgery: the evolution from maximally to minimally invasive surgery. Otorinolaringol. 2009;59:97-105.
- Hua X, Zeman KL, Zhou B, Hua Q, Senior BA, Tilley SL, Bennett WD. Noninvasive real-time measurement of nasal mucociliary clearance in mice by pinhole gamma scintigraphy. J Appl Physiol. 2010 Jan;108(1):189-96. Epub 2009 Oct 1.PMID: 19797687 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Related Citations.
- Garcia GJ, Rhee JS, Senior BA, Kimbell JS. Septal deviation and nasal resistance: an investigation using virtual surgery and computational fluid dynamics. AM J Rhinol Allergy. 2010 Jan-Feb;24(1):e46-53.PMID: 20109325 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]Related citations.
- Marple BF, Stringer SP, Batra PS, Bhattacharyya N, Chiu AG, CItardi MJ, Han JK, Kern RC, Kingdom TT, Lane AP, Orlandi RR, Ryan MW, Senior BA, Stewart MG; Task Force of the Rhinology and Paranasal Sinus Committee. Going to the next level: health care’s evolving expectations for evidence. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009 Nov;141(5):551-4. Epub 2009 Oct 1.PMID: 19861188 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Related citations.