Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Appointment Scheduler: Windy Pulliam (984) 974-2255
- Surgery Scheduler: Carla Sibrian (984) 974-2127
- Nurse: Amber Sharpe, RN (984) 974-3633
- Administrative Coordinator: Anna Covington (919) 966-8927
- BA: Duke University, 1987
- MD: Bowman Gray/Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 1995
- Internship: General Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 1995-1996
- Residency: Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 1996-2000
- Fellowship: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, 2000-2001
- Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 2015-present
- Solo Private Practice- J. Madison Clark MD, PLLC, 2014-2015
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 2014-2015
- Partner, Alamance ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery, Burlington, NC, 2002-2014
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 2002-2014
- Assistant Professor, Director of Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, The Medical University of South Carolina, 2001-2002
- First Place, Scientific Poster Session, Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting, San Diego, 2019
- UNC Health Care and Faculty Physicians – Carolina Care Excellence Leader, 2016 – 2018
- Castle Connolly “Best Doctor”, 2010 – 2018
- ABFPRS Strategic Development Committe, 2011-present
- ABFPRS Written Examination Development Committee and Oral Exam Development Committee, 2011
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Alamance Regional Medical Center, 2007-2009
- President, North Carolina Society of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 2007-2008
- ABFPRS Written Examination Development Committee and Oral Exam Development Committee, 2006
- ABFPRS Written Examination Development Committee and Oral Exam Development Committee, 2005
- 1st Runner-up, Anderson Award-awarded for academic excellence on the annual international oral and written credentialing examination, Sept. 2, 2001
- Humanitarian Travel Award, AAO-HNS, Fellowship
- Resident Travel Award to the Southern Section of the Triologic, 1999
- Valedictorian, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 1995
- Geelan-Hansen K, Clark JM, Shockley WW. Reconstruction of Defects Involving the Lip and Chin. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2019 Feb; 27(1):67-83. doi: 10.1016/j.fsc.2018.08.008. PMID 30420074
- Howard BE, Masood MM, Clark JM, Thorp BD. Intraorbital Dermoid Cyst With Zygomaticofrontal Suture Erosion in an Adult. J Craniofac Surg 2019 Jan 19. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000005005 (Epub ahead of print)
- Howard BE, Clark JM. Evolution of the butterfly graft technique: 15-year review of 500 cases with expanding indications. Laryngoscope2019 Jan 1. doi: 10.1002/lary27776. (Epub ahead of print) PMID: 30632149
- Fleischman GM, Thorp BD, Shockley WW, Clark JM. The bipedicled Obicularis Oculi Myocutaneous Flap for the Repair of Paralytic Ectropion. JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2018 Dec 20. doi: 10.1001/jamafacial.2018.1704. (Epub ahead of print) No abstract available.
- Masood MM, Stephenson ED, Farquhar DR, Farzal Z, Shah PV, Buckmire RA, McClain WG, Clark JM, Thorp BD, Kimple AJ, Ebert CS Jr, Kilpatrick LA, Patel SN, Shah RN, Zanation AM. Surgical simulation and applicant perception in otolaryngology residency interviews. Laryngoscope2018 Nov;128(11):2503-2507. doi:10.1002/lary.27211. Epub 2018 Apr 25. PMID 29696657.
- Brandon BM, Austin GK, Fleischman GM, Basu S, Kimbell JS, Shockley WW, Clark JM. Comparison of airflow between spreader grafts and butterfly grafts using computational flow dynamics in a cadaveric model. JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery. 2017 Dec 14. PMID 29242911.
- Clark JM, Skoner J, Wang TD. Repair of the unilateral cleft lip/nasal deformity. Facial Plastic Surgery Journal, 2003.
- Clark JM, Safford Sh, Israel JM. Decellularized dermal grafting in cleft palate repair. In publication Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, 2003.
- Clark JM, Shockley W. Management and Reanimation of the Paralyzed Face. In Papel, Nachias, Sykes, Toriumi, Holt, Park, Larabee, Frodel, eds. Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2e. New York: Thieme; 2002.
- Clark JM, Cook TA. Immediate reconstruction of extruded nasal dorsal Implants with irradiated homograft costal cartilage. Laryngoscope. 2002; 112(6): 968-974.
- Lambert PR, Clark JM, Day TA, et al. What’s new in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. Journal of the Americal College of Surgeons. 2002;195(3) 72-79.
- Clark JM, Cook TA. The “butterfly” graft in secondary functional rhinoplasty. Laryngoscope. 2002: 112(8).
- Clark JM, Brinson GM, Newman MK, Jewett BS, Sartor BR, Prazma JP, Pillsbury HC. An animal model for the study of genetic predisposition in the pathogenesis of middle ear inflammation. Abstract selected for publication in Year Book of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2002.
- Clark JM, Wang TD. Local flaps. Emedicineonline textbook. Facial Plastic Surgery 2001 Nov: 17(4):295-308.
- Clark JM. Practice pearls: Methods for removals of nasal foreign bodies. Postgraduate Medicine. 2001; 109(1):106.
- Clark JM, Cook TA. Perspectives: Louis Facundo Borges, MD. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2001; 3(2):141.
- Copeland B, Clark JM, Sura A, Kilpatrick SE, Shockley WW, Meredith SM. Prostate carcinoma metastatic to the cervical lymph nodes: Report of two cases and review of the literature. American Journal of Otolaryngology. 2001; 22(6): 420-423.
- Clark JM, Weissler MC. Localized laryngotracheobroncial amyloidosis: Case report and review of the literature. ENT Journal. 2001; 80(9):632-638.
- Clark JM, Wang TD. Local flaps in scar revision. Facial Plastic Surgery. 2001;17(4):295-308
- Rosenthal E. Clark JM, Wax MA, Cook TA. Emerging perceptions of facial plastic surgery among medical students. Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. 2001;125(5):478-482.