Vice Chair of Outpatient Operations and Improvement
Chief of Division of Otology/Neurotology, Skull Base Surgery
Medical Director of Children’s Cochlear Implant Center at UNC
Otology, neurotology, lateral skull base surgery, acoustic tumors, cochlear implants, hearing preservation.
- Appointments: (984) 974-6484
- Surgery Scheduler: Ali Turner (919) 966-8961
- Nurse: Tracy Stalker, RN (984) 974-3517
- Administrative Coordinator: Kathy Bogie (919) 966-3344
- MD: University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, 2002
- PhD: Immunology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, 2002
- Internship, Surgery: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, 2003
- Resident, Otolaryngology: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 2007
- Fellowship, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery: University of Miami Ear Institute, Miami, FL, 2009
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2014-present
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, 2009-2014
- Assistant Attending, Otorhinolaryngologist, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, 2009-2014
- Castle Connolly “Top Doctor”, 2013, 2014
- Malcolm Schvey Resident Teaching Award, 2011
- Neurotology Fellow Research Award, American Neurotology Society, Phoenix, AZ, 2009
- Triologic Society Resident Research Award “Autocrine Regulation of Vestibular Schwannoma Growth”, 2004-2005
- Brown, KD and Selensnick, SH. “Hearing Loss.” Health Care Reform Through Practical Guidelines– Ear Nose Throat. Plural Publishing Inc. 2010.
- Brown, KD and Selesnick, SH. “Tinnitus.” Health Care Reform Through Practical Guidelines– Ear Nose Throat. Plural Publishing Inc. 2010.
- Stucken, EZ, Brown, KD, and Selesnick, SH. “Clinical and diagnostic evaluation of acoustic neuromas.” Otolaryngology Clinics of North America. 2012; 45(2):269-284.
- Stucken, EZ, Brown, KD, and Selesnick, SH. “The role of obesity in spontaneous temporal bone encephalceles and CSF leak.” Otol Neurotol. 2012 Oct; 33(8): 1412-17.
- Stucken, EZ, Brown, KD, Selesnick, SH. “The use of KTP laser in revision stapedectomy.” Otol Neurotol. 2012 Oct; 33(8):1297-99.
- Brown, KD, Banuchi, V, and Selesnick, SH. “Congenital Disorders of the Middle Ear.” Current Diagnosis & Treatment Otolaryngology Head and Heck Surgery, 3ed, 2012.
- Brown, KD, Banuchi, V, and Selesnick, SH. “Diseases of the external ear.” Current Diagnosis & Treatment Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 3ed, 2012.
- Harkcom, WT, Ghosh, AK, Sung, MS, Matov, A, Brown, KD, Giannakakou, P and Jaffrey, SR. “NAD+and SIRT3 control microtubule dynamics and reduce susceptibility to anti-microtubule agents. E-pub. June 2, 2014.
- Selensnick, SH, Brown, KD and Stucken, EZ. “Facial Nerve Monitoring.” The Facial Nerve, Ed. William Slattery. Thieme Medical Publishers. 2014.