Information for Providers
During this challenging time dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, we, as you, are working to balance the needs and safety of our patients and providers, to provide high quality care in a timely manner.
We want to assure you that physicians in the UNC Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery remain available to manage your patients with ear, nose, and throat related issues in the safest and quickest way possible.
Some precautionary measures we have implemented in our clinics:
- Patient screening prior to appointments
- Limiting visitors
- Check-in by phone: Our front desk staff will call 15 minutes prior to the appointment
- Curbside waiting until exam room is ready
- PPE worn by all patients and staff with masks provided for patients
- State of the art HEPA filters in exam rooms
- More frequent and enhanced sanitation
We are also offering virtual visits to patients who would like to see our physicians from the privacy of their own homes.
Appointments can be made by contacting our clinics at (984) 974-6484. If you are a provider outside of the UNC Health System, you are also able to contact us through the UNC Carelink portal. Please note: you will be prompted to create your Carelink account prior to accessing the system.
For patients with tumors or cancers of the head and neck, our team is prioritizing diagnoses for work up and treatment during the pandemic without delays. The N.C. Cancer Hospital has also implemented changes to help ensure patient safety. Please click here to learn more about these changes.