- Bio-Rad Spectra Viewer
- ThermoFisher Fluorescence Spectrum Viewer
- Omega Optical Spectral Overlap Guide
- BioLegend Spectra Analyzer
- eBioscience FluorPlan
- BD Spectrum Viewer
How does a Flow Cytometer Work?
Panel Building Tools
- Bio-Rad Panel Builder: https://www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/flow-panel-builder.html
- BD Horizon Guided Panel Solution (GPS)
- FluoroFinder Panel Builder with UNC configurations. Video Tutorial.
- Optimized Multicolor Immunofluorescence Panels via FluoroFinder (OMIPs – peer-reviewed panels designed for fluorescent assays)
Multicolor Flow Cytometry
- Fluorophore Brightness list from Biolegend – does not include Brilliant UV or Brilliant Blue dyes. Check BD for those.
- The Daily Dongle blog from FlowJo covers tips on Compensation, software updates and links to free webinars.
- Fundamentals of Flow Cytometry (50 minutes)
- Compensation Basics from BD
- Multicolor panel design basics including fluorophore selection and spill over consideration from BD
- BD Horizon Tour videos on precision multi-color panel design, spill-over, compensation, receptor density, and best practices. A fairly non-invasive registration process is required to view the videos, but worth it.
- Basic Flow Cytometry Definitions from Biorad
- Fluorophore combinations to avoid due to increased spreading error. This new version from BD includes the Brilliant Violet and Brilliant UV dyes. Note that the configuration is for the LSRFortessa X20, which is a little different from our core instruments, but the major concepts remain.
- See what the Biexponential Data Spread looks like.
- The impact of adjusting PMT voltages on spillover and compensation – from Sydney Flow Cytometry
- Antibody Fixation considerations from eBio
- Life Technologies School of Fluorescence
- Fuorescent Proteins Table
- Another Fluorescent Protein Table for Flow Cytometry
- Introduction to Fluorescent Proteins (Nikon Microscopy)
- Molecular Probes table of Fluorescent Calcium indicators
- BD Multicolor Fluorochrome Guide
- Understanding Fluorophores and Panel Design (BioLegend)
- Excyte Blog on Statistics and Data Analysis
- Excyte Blog on Viability Dyes
- Excyte Blog on Phospho-Flow staining and 4 considerations for Assessing Phosphorylation using flow
- How many cells do I need to collect? ThermoFisher guide to calculating how many cells for a given frequency and desired CV.
- Protocols on cell preparation, staining, cell cycle from Biorad
- 10 Tips and Tricks for the design of multi-color panels – Checklist from Biorad
- Autofluorescence: Causes and Cures
- University of Chicago Flow Cytometry Lab (Ryan Duggan’s Blog)
- FlowMetric – white papers and protocols (clinically oriented)
- BenchSci – free antibody search platform designed to help scientists find antibodies from publications by specific experimental contexts. A.I driven, decodes published figures to help scientists find antibody usage data.
- Bio-Rad Flow Cytometry Guide: Bio-rad
- Basic Introduction to Flow Cytometry
- CYTO University
- Basics of Flow Cytometry (ThermoFisher)
- Flow Cytometry Web-Based training (Becton Dickinson)
- Tips for Good Flow Cytometry Experiments (Chromocyte)
- Fluorescence Tutorials (Life Technologies)
- Webinar on Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, Stem Cells, T-Cell Immunology, Bead-Based Immunoassays (Becton Dickinson)
- FlowJo Training (Tutorials)
- Michael Ormond’s online course
- Paul Robinson’s Purdue Class
- Other lectures on the Purdue Cyto site
Microvesicles and exosomes
RNA Detection by Flow Cytometry:
- PrimeFlow Brochure November 2014
- PrimeFlow White Paper November 2014
- Nature Communications Paper (Porichis et al 2014, 5:5641)
- FireFly – Abcam – Firefly is a new platform for multiplexing the measurement of up to 68 microRNAs in a high throughput format. The technology can work directly from either small volumes of biofluids or very low amounts of total RNA.
- Current Protocols in Cytometry (we have a subscription – let us know if you need any methods)
- Interpreting Flow Cytometry Data: A Guide for the Perplexed (Herzenberg et al. 2006 Nature Immunology 7:681)
- OMPIS (Optimized Multicolor Immunofluorescence Panel) – a special peer-reviewed Cytometry Part A publication type that reports on newly designed and optimized multicolor panels for flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, image cytometry, and other polychromatic fluorescence-based methods.
- BD Biosciences
- Beckman Coulter
- Cytek Development
- Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
- StemCell Technologies
- Phoenix Flow
- Novus Biologicals – contains query tool that includes UNC cytometers. Has links to basics of flow and protocols.
- R&D Systems
- Software List (Chromocyte)
- Verity Software House (ModFit, WinList, GemStone)
- DeNovo Software/FCS Express
- International Society for Analytical Cytology (ISAC)
- Purdue Flow Cytometry (current flow issues and concerns by users over the globe)