Carolina Conexiones: Improving Satisfaction and Flow through Volunteer Bilingual Patient Navigators
Kori Flower, MD, MS, MPH
To improve patient experience and flow for Spanish-speaking families in UNC Children’s Specialty Clinics.
2016 IHQI Symposium Presentation Slides
(Carolina Conexiones Segment: 34:00–1:09:00 minutes of Improvement Scholars Symposium 2016 2nd Half)
- Spread of bilingual patient navigation within UNC Children’s Hospital to: Children’s Specialty Clinics, Children’s Primary Care Clinic, and Inpatient Rounding Program
- Recipient, 2020 Impact Award from the Society of Healthcare Volunteer Leaders: Vital Signs Announcement
- Oral presentation at American Academy of Pediatrics National Meeting (Oct 2016)
- Poster presentations at Latino Medical Student Association Meeting (April 2017) and UNC Minority Health Conference (Feb 2016)
- Related qualitative research project on family experience with poster presented at Pediatric Academic Societies National Meeting (May 2017)
- Flower, Kori B., et al. “Improving Satisfaction and Appointment Attendance Through Navigation for Spanish-Speaking Families.” Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, vol. 31 no. 2, 2020, p. 810-826. Project MUSE, doi:10.1353/hpu.2020.0062.