NC MOC Advisory Board Members
To foster greater involvement among stakeholders, a NC MOC Advisory Board was developed with representatives from various medical departments, Continuing Medical Education and the North Carolina Area Health Education Centers (AHEC).
The Advisory Board helps to guide the North Carolina Maintenance of Certification program. Their responsibility is to review and approve the projects. The Advisory Board members have sufficient leadership roles to influence the clinical operations of the UNC Medical Center and to ensure that sufficient resources and support are available for a project to be successful.
Broad representation on the Board ensures alignment with hospital initiatives and priorities.
- Laura Brown, Director of Operations, Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Julie Byerley, Vice-Dean for Education and Chief Education Officer, UNC SOM
- Darren DeWalt, Director, Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Douglas Hudson, Continuing Professional Development Planning Coordinator, UNC Medical Education
- Monique Mackey, QI Manager, NC AHEC Program Office, Vice-President — Area L AHEC and Director, Quality, Continuous Professional Development and Information Services/System
- Robb Malone, Clinical Associate Professor, Internal Medicine; VP, Practice Quality and Innovation
- Larry Mandelkehr, Director, Performance Improvement
- Lawrence Marks, Chair, Radiation Oncology
- Matt Mauro, Chair, Radiology
- Matt Nielsen, Director, Urologic Oncology
- Evan Richardson, Director, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Mountain Area Health Education Center
- Monecia Thomas, NC MOC Project Manager