Kidney Palliative Care
UNC now offers a unique program to support patients and families facing kidney disease, the Kidney Palliative Care Clinic (KPCC). The Kidney Palliative Care Clinic provides specialized care with a focus on the specific needs of patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). It is a benefit offered to patients in the UNC Nephrology Clinic as a way to provide support throughout their journey with kidney disease.
- Symptom evaluation and management recommendations
- Support to address stressors related to chronic illness
- Assistance with treatment related decision making based on patient’s priorities and values
- Advance care planning
- Care coordination and communication with patient’s provider(s)
- Guidance on community resources