UNC Optical Shop
The UNC Optical Shop loves to help children, teens and adults find the right pair of glasses. Whether you are a first-time or returning UNC Kittner Eye Center patient, our team is ready to assist in filling your ophthalmic prescription. To schedule an eye exam, call 984-974-2020. To discuss your vision insurance and have your optical care questions answered, call 984-974-2039 to speak with the Optical Shop team.
The UNC Optical Shop is located on the 2nd floor of UNC Kittner Eye Center, near the corner of NC Highway 54 and Farrington Road. There is free parking in front of and behind the building for Kittner Eye Center patients.
UNC Kittner Eye Center
2226 Nelson Highway, Suite 200 / Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Click Here for Directions
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 12:00 pm / 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The UNC Optical Shop offers high-quality service from our highly skilled team of licensed opticians. Stylish eyeglasses, contact lens fittings, and sunglasses are available for every member of the family.
- The UNC Optical Shop is open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- All State of North Carolina employees and immediate family receive a 20% discount on all prescription eyewear (frame and lenses), as well as non-prescription sunglasses.
- This 20% discount does not apply to eye exams or contact lenses and may not be combined with ANY insurance program or other discount programs, including Superior Vision.
- UNC Health and University employees may purchase eyeglasses through payroll deduction.
- Call today to speak to a member of the Kittner Optical Shop Team at 984-974-2039.
** The UNC Optical Shop encourages all UNC employees and family members to call the UNC Kittner Eye Center at 984-974-2020 to schedule their recurring or first-time comprehensive eye exam. In September, our books begin to fill quickly as patients use NC Flex Vision benefits and other annual vision coverage expiring at year’s end. **