Scholarship, Grant, and Award Information
- The June C. Allcott Fellowship
- Thorpe / Mitchell Diversity Leadership Development Award
- UNC Hospitals Volunteer Association’s Allied Health Sciences Fellowships
- The Medical Alumni Association Loyalty Fund Scholarships
* The UNC Allied Health Sciences Scholarships and Awards Committee has finalized department-wide scholarships/awards for the upcoming 2013-2014 year. Students who have been selected by the committee to receive a departmental scholarship for the coming year have been notified.*
(for departmental scholarships/awards and some division scholarships)
Applications for the 2014-15 academic year will be made available in January 2014.
How to Apply:
Complete and submit the.
- Click on link above to open the pdf form. Begin by saving the form on your computer and giving it a unique file name, preferably one that incorporates your last name. Send completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any trouble accessing, saving, or completing the application, please contact Katherine Pearl at email@example.com to request the form in an alternative format.
- The 2013-14 Thorpe/Mitchell Award is open to applicants from the Divisions of Occupational Therapy and Occupational Science, Physical Therapy, Speech and Hearing Sciences, and Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology. The 2014-15 Award will be open to applicants from the Divisions of Clinical Laboratory Science and Radiologic Science.
- Application Deadline is May 31.
Division/Program Specific Scholarships and Awards
- Occupational Science
- Physical Therapy
- Radiologic Sciences
- Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- UNC NeuroDiagnostics and Sleep Science Program Scholarships
The UNC Hospitals Volunteer Association has generously provided emergency assistance funds to help UNC Allied Health Students. The Department of Allied Health Sciences has a faculty committee to assist students with emergency needs and special financial requests related to education that arise during school. Please talk to any member of the committee and note that there are representatives from each Division of Allied Health Sciences.
Students are eligible for the UNCH Auxiliary emergency grant funds for reasons of a severe financial hardship for which the student has an immediate need for financial assistance. There may be occasions when emergency circumstances, defined as unforeseen, unplanned and unavoidable events, demand immediate attention and require a student to secure funds on short notice. Examples include a student’s medical emergency, threatened foreclosure or eviction from a primary residence or inability to provide basic necessities (food, clothing, medicine).
The financial aid committee members are as follows:
Laine Stewart – firstname.lastname@example.org - CLS
Linn Wakeford – email@example.com -OS
Lisa Johnston – firstname.lastname@example.org - PT
Lauren Noble – email@example.com - RS
Lisa Domby – firstname.lastname@example.org -SLP
Brenda Mitchell – email@example.com –Student Services
Kyle Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org - Development
Perry Studevent - email@example.com - Student Services