The Alliance of Health Science Ambassadors
The Alliance of Health Science Ambassador program began in 2002 to promote interdisciplinary student involvement by encouraging communication between students and administration, peer camaraderie, recruitment of prospective students, assistance to matriculating students, and alumni involvement. The student ambassadors serve as health sciences representatives at various college fairs, school tours and campus events. They are an elite group of students, with strong leadership abilities, a positive attitude about UNC-CH, excellent communication skills, and good academic standing. To be eligible, applicants must be currently enrolled in any division of the Department of Health Sciences with a grade point average meeting the standards of their current program. These students also must exhibit a history of student involvement prior to attending UNC-CH and participate in an interview and ambassador orientation.
The Alliance of Health Science Ambassador Responsibilities
- Speak to college or high school groups about health disciplines
- Volunteer at department events (Example: Difference Matters programs)
- Organize events for students and faculty (Example: Allied Health Week programs)
- Communicate information about ambassador activities to peers
- Promote ambassador events on campus and online
Kimberly Capri, Student Services Manager, is the primary mentor for this group. Please contact Kimberly for more information about this group.