Scholarship, Grant, and Award Information
- Financial Management for College Students (Requires ONYEN)
- Graduate, undergraduate and minority students
- UNC Health Sciences Library Guide to Allied Health Sciences Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants, and Awards
The DAHS sets aside a portion of our school-based tuition receipts to provide financial aid for graduate students based on need.
Department of Allied Health Sciences Awards
The June C. Allcott Fellowship
To be considered for the June C. Allcott Leadership Development Award, you will need to submit an essay via the electronic link and upload a recommendation letter. In the essay, please describe your past, present, and/or proposed community service. Community service is broadly understood as making helpful connections with people to improve a person’s or community’s quality of life, to bring comfort, or to broaden one’s perspective. Community service may be in any arena and is not restricted to health projects. No FAFSA required.
Thorpe/Mitchell Diversity Leadership Development Award
For the Thorpe/Mitchell Diversity Leadership Award, you will need to write a supplemental essay telling us about you, your history, and your professional goals after completing your degree. For 2021-22 only students in the following divisions can apply for this award: Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, and Speech and Hearing Sciences. Only newly admitted students can apply for the Thorpe-Mitchell award. No FAFSA required.
UNC Hospitals Volunteer Association’s Allied Health Sciences Fellowships
These are fellowships offered in conjunction with the UNC Hospitals Volunteer Association. No FAFSA required.
These scholarships are awarded by the different divisions. A FASFA must be completed using school code 002974.
How to Apply
The application for the 2021-22 academic year is available online below. Please select your division below and use it to apply for departmental and division awards.
- Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies
- Radiologic Sciences
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
The Office of Scholarships and Student Aid has an emergency loan program that students can apply for in unexpected emergencies.
Division/program specific scholarships and awards
- Check with your division for scholarship and award opportunities.
Financial Aid Committee
- Laine Stewart: Division of Clinical Laboratory Science
- Linn Wakeford: Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
- Judy Schmidt: Division of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Lisa Johnston: Division of Physical Therapy
- Lauren Noble: Division of Radiologic Science
- Cara McComish: Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Janelle Bludorn: Physician Assistant Studies
- Brenda Mitchell: Student Services
- Perry Studevent: Student Services