Neurotology Fellow – Class of 2025
Hometown (Birthplace): Albuquerque, NM
Undergraduate Degree: 2013 – BS – Stanford University/Chemical Engineering
MD: 2018 – University of New Mexico School of Medicine
Residency: 2023 – Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland
Hobbies: Running, reading, spending time with my wife and daughter
I enjoy otolaryngology because it allows me to work with my hands, help patients of all ages and interact with complex anatomy.
UNC offers a comprehensive neurotology program with to exposure to the full spectrum of lateral skull base surgery and general otology. Additionally, UNC is a high-volume cochlear implant center with an excellent research program.
Fun Fact: I was a 4-year NCAA collegiate cross-country and track runner.
• Johnson BR, Semaan M, Mowry S, Rivas A. Chapter 21: Endolymphatic Hydrops, Third Mobile Window Syndrome of the Inner Ear: Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence and Associated Disorders. Springer Verlag 2023.
• Kim J, Johnson BR, Tamaki A, Lavertu P. A case report of uremic tumoral calcinosis in the head and neck and literature review of calcified lesions of the head and neck. Am J Otolaryngol. 2023 Mar 24;44(4):103862. doi: 10.1016/j.amjoto.2023.103862.
• Kocharyan A, Johnson BR, Daher GS, Manzoor NF. Transcanal Endoscopic Repair of an Anterior Epitympanic Encephalocele. Otol Neurotol. 2023 Feb 1;44(2):e117. doi: 10.1097/MAO.0000000000003789. Epub 2022 Dec 21. PMID: 36543193.
• Marouf A, Johnson B, Alagramam KN. Usher syndrome IIIA: a review of the disorder and preclinical research advances in therapeutic approaches. Hum Genet. 2022 Mar 23. doi: 10.1007/s00439-022-02446-9. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35320418.
• McCracken M, Pai K, Cabrera CI, Johnson BR, Tamaki A, Gidley PW, Manzoor NF. Temporal Bone Resection for Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lateral Skull Base: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2022 Mar 15:1945998221084912. doi: 10.1177/01945998221084912. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35290141.