Apply to Our Program
Thank you for your interest in applying to our program! We are accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year! The deadline for receipt of applications will be October 1, 2023.
Applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), which participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship match process.
We accept applications from physicians with primary specialty training in:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application includes:
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Official Copy of your Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE, often referred to as a “Dean’s Letter”)
- Letter of Good Standing stating expected completion of residency from the Program Director
- A third Letter of Recommendation can be substituted for the Letter of Good Standing if residency has been completed prior to applying to fellowship
Interviews will be conducted by invitation only, between October and November.
Information regarding salary and benefits can be found here.
At this time, the GME Office only sponsors J-1 visas.
Please feel free to contact us!
Email: Ashley Heidinger at SMFellow@med.unc.edu
Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
Department of Family Medicine
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
William B. Aycock Building
CB # 7595
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7595