NC MOC Advisory Board Members
To foster greater involvement among stakeholders, a NC MOC Advisory Board was developed with representatives from various medical departments, Continuing Medical Education and the North Carolina Area Health Education Centers (AHEC).
The Advisory Board helps to guide the North Carolina Maintenance of Certification program. Their responsibility is to review and approve the projects. The Advisory Board members have sufficient leadership roles to influence the clinical operations of the UNC Medical Center and to ensure that sufficient resources and support are available for a project to be successful.
Broad representation on the Board ensures alignment with hospital initiatives and priorities.
- Laura Brown, Director of Operations, Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Edmund Campion, Chair, Orthopedics
- Darren DeWalt, Director, Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Douglas Hudson, Continuing Professional Development Planning Coordinator, UNC Medical Education
- Karen Hyman, Director, Division of Innovation and Population Health, Mountain Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Ann Lefebvre, Associate Director, Area Health Education Centers (AHEC)
- Robb Malone, Clinical Associate Professor, Internal Medicine; VP, Practice Quality and Innovation
- Larry Mandelkehr, Director, Performance Improvement
- Lawrence Marks, Chair, Radiation Oncology
- Matt Mauro, Chair, Radiology
- Matt Nielsen, Director, Urologic Oncology
- Monecia Thomas, NC MOC Project Manager
- Chris Walsh-Kelly, Professor, Pediatrics/Pediatric Emergency Medicine