Most patients are seen in person at the UNC Eastowne Medical Building. When appropriate, we also see patients in their homes using telemedicine (virtual visits). You will receive a reminder text with your appointment details. For more information on how to schedule an appointment, please click here.
Before Your Visit
- Verify directions from your location to the UNC Eastowne Building. Visit our maps and locations page for more information about parking and wayfinding.
- Look on our COVID-19 page to find the latest information about pre-visit precautions, and allot extra arrival time for your appointment.
- All patients: Please bring an updated medication list to your first visit. This should include over the counter vitamins and supplements you take on a regular basis. If you are already a patient at UNC, please be prepared to verify your current medication list.
- If you are being seen for diabetes: Please bring your glucometer so it can be downloaded at the visit. Please also bring any diabetes-related devices (CGMs, pumps) or scanners you currently use.
- Currently, you must be physically located in North Carolina at the time of your virtual visit to be seen by one of our providers.
- Verify the time of your appointment, and make sure that your contact information is correct in MyChart. If it is incorrect, please update it in MyChart or MyChart-message us for assistance. Make sure your notifications are active so you can receive text alerts.
- Be prepared to review your medications, allergies, and pharmacy information. If you are being seen for diabetes, please have your relevant devices (meters, CGM, pump) uploaded before the visit. If this is not possible, please have 5-7 days of blood glucose readings and your current pump settings (if relevant) ready to review.
- Make sure that you are in a place with stable internet and privacy, and that is reasonably quiet to help give you the best visit quality possible.
- For information on how to set up your computer or mobile phone for a virtual visit, please visit UNC’s Video Visit homepage.
During Your Visit
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in. The UNC Endocrinology clinic is on the third floor of the UNC Eastowne Medical Office Building.
- Masks will be required for providers, staff, and patients while we are following COVID-19 precautions. Please refer to our COVID-19 page for more information
- When you schedule your appointment, you will be instructed whether to log on to MyChart or to wait for a text message with a link to begin your visit.
- We are making every effort to keep our appointments on schedule. However, if you do not receive a call or text within 30 minutes of your scheduled appointment time, please contact the clinic staff at (984) 974-2950.
After Your Visit
- Your provider may schedule tests for you. Please let your provider know if you would like these tests to be scheduled locally.
- If a follow-up appointment is recommended after your in-person visit, it will be scheduled before you leave.
- If a follow-up appointment is recommended after your virtual visit, our scheduling team will contact you within 1-2 days. *Please call 984-974-2950 to schedule your follow up visit if our team has been unable to reach you within 2 days of your virtual visit.
- Please read the printed summary of your visit and next steps in the “After Visit Summary” (AVS). A copy of the AVS can also be found in your MyChart account.