Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Bryan Roth Cited in Science Signaling's Best Breakthroughs in Signaling in 2014 Feb 10, 2015
- Mauro Calabrese Receives March of Dimes Basil O’Connor Scholar Research Award Jan 30, 2015
- T. Kendall Harden and Nancy L. Allbritton Elected Fellows of AAAS Jan 06, 2015
- Roth’s novel research technique, DREADDs, lands him on Top 10 List Dec 29, 2014
- Victor Perez and David Smalley Receive Staff Excellence Awards Dec 19, 2014
Congratulations to Bryan Roth, MD, PhD, on being elected to the Institute of Medicine. Election to the IOM is considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine and recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement and commitment to service. SOM News article
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar presented by Dr. Arthur Christopoulos, Monash Univ., AUS Mar 09, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 4007 GMB
- Seminar presented by Dr. Daniel Marston, Department of Pharmacology, UNC-Chapel Hill Mar 10, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar presented by Dr. Ikuko Smith, Department of Pharmacology, UNC-Chapel Hill Mar 17, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Deborah Morrison, NIH Mar 24, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium