Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Szu-Aun Lim Receives Highest Honors for Senior Honors Thesis Apr 28, 2016
- Tim Stuhlmiller Wins Pagano Award Apr 27, 2016
- New clues in the quest to prevent clogged arteries Apr 08, 2016
- Bingying Zhou Successfully Defends PhD! Apr 08, 2016
- UNC researchers uncover how kappa opioid receptors drive anxiety Mar 21, 2016
Congratulations to graduate student, Reid Olsen, for receiving 4 recent awards: 2015 Joy Cappel Young Investigator Award, the Thomas Collum Butler Graduate Fellowship Award, the Tanner Teaching Assistants Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, and a Trainee Professional Development Award!
- Upcoming Events
- STEELMAN LECTURE with Dr. Roger Lo, MD, PhD, UCLA Med Center May 03, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar presented by Dr. Danny Dhanasekaran, Oklahoma University, HSC May 10, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium