Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Three Pharmacology Graduate Students Honored at 17th Annual Student Recognition Celebration Apr 10, 2015
- Researchers find new approach to treat drug-resistant HER2-positive breast cancer Apr 10, 2015
- Pharmacology Holds Research Retreat 2015 Apr 02, 2015
- Jayme Warischalk Receives Her PhD! Mar 30, 2015
- Bryan Roth Cited in Science Signaling's Best Breakthroughs in Signaling in 2014 Feb 10, 2015
Congratulations to Bryan Roth, MD, PhD, on being elected to the Institute of Medicine. Election to the IOM is considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine and recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement and commitment to service. SOM News article
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar presented by Dr. Kimberley Tolias, Baylor College of Medicine Apr 21, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Mark Philips, NYU Apr 28, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Chris MacNevin, Department of Pharmacology, UNC-Chapel Hill May 05, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Steven Agnus, Department of Pharmacology, UNC-Chapel Hill May 12, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium