Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Jason Melehani Successfully Defends His PhD! Feb 04, 2016
- Bryan Roth Receives ASPET Louis S. Goodman & Alfred Gilman Award in Receptor Pharmacology Jan 22, 2016
- Nicole Baker Gives Real Scientists Voice in Social Media Jan 21, 2016
- Reid Olsen Honored with Tanner Teaching Assistants Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Jan 04, 2016
- Erasing memory using synaptic optogenetics Dec 16, 2015
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar presented by Dr. Bin Tian, Rutgers University Feb 09, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Will Fairbrother, Brown University Mar 01, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Danny Dhanasekaran, Oklahoma University, HSC Mar 08, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Seminar presented by Dr. Ron Dror, Stanford University Mar 15, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium