Please see the many resources below about COVID-19 focusing on accurate medical information and recommendations for staying safe.
Help protect others by staying at home and taking precautions as recommended by state and federal authorities. Call your Primary Care Provider or your Hemophilia Center (919-966-4736) if you have questions.
What is COVID-19?
- COVID-19 is the disease caused by the new coronavirus and COVID – 19 stands for Corona Virus Disease 19.
- COVID-19 symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sore throat, unexplained loss of taste or smell, diarrhea and headache. COVID-19 can be severe, and some cases have caused death.
- The COVID-19 can be spread from person to person. It is diagnosed with a laboratory test.
- Prevention involves frequent hand-washing, coughing into the bend of your elbow, staying home when you are sick and wearing a cloth face covering if you can’t practice social distancing.
- Vaccines are available to those 5 years of age and older. Please contact your provider for vaccine related questions.
Medical & Scientific Resources
- There are many resources online with updated information on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- We recommend only using sources that provide official information to avoid misinformation and confusion. Be very careful when reading or viewing information from questionable sources.
North Carolina Specific Information
- The CDC has many links and a lot of information available including information on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- The CDC’s COVID-19 is a specialized site that is totally dedicated to COVID-19, resources, prevention, and up to date information.
- National Hemophilia Foundation: Register for regular updates and information from NHF.
- Hemophilia Federation of America COVID-19 information page.
COVID 19 Vaccination Recommendations
- UNC is recommending individuals with bleeding disorder receive the COVID-19 Vaccine. If you have questions as it relates to your specific bleeding disorder, please contact the HTC for further, individualized, discussion.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance from the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF)
Talking to Children about COVID-19
- How to talk to your Child about COVID-19.
- The experience of change and loss can impact everyone differently and can cause disconnection for families. View the Responding to Change and Loss booklet from the National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC).
- Spanish version of the Responding to Change and Loss booklet from the National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC).
- It is recommended that everyone (over the age of 2 and without breathing difficulties) wear non-medical, face cloth coverings when out in public.
- Local news story from WRAL with links on how to make a mask.