Bleeding Disorder Organizations
- Bleeding Disorders Foundation of North Carolina – A non-profit organization whose goal is to assist, involve and educate persons affected by bleeding disorders and to educate the medical community and the public about bleeding disorders.
- Hemophilia Federation of America – A national non-profit organization that assists and advocates for the bleeding disorders community.
- National Hemophilia Foundation – A national non-profit organization dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for bleeding and clotting disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research.
- World Federation of Hemophilia – An international non-profit organization dedicated to improving and sustaining care for people with inherited bleeding disorders around the world.
- The Foundation for Women & Girls with Blood Disorders works to ensure all women and girls with blood disorders are correctly diagnosed and optimally managed at every life stage.
- The mission of Clot Connect is to increase knowledge of thrombosis, thrombophilia and anticoagulation by providing connection to education and support resources for patients and health care professionals.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Blood Disorders – Works to prevent and reduce complications experienced by people with certain blood disorders (including hemophilia).
- The American Society of Hematology – A professional society dedicated to further the understanding, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disorders affecting the blood, bone marrow, and the immunologic, hemostatic and vascular systems by promoting research, clinical care, education, training, and advocacy in hematology.
- The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute – Provides global leadership for a research, training, and education program to promote the prevention and treatment of heart, lung, and blood diseases and enhance the health of all individuals so that they can live longer and more fulfilling lives.