Research in the Department of Radiology is grouped into basic sciences and clinical.
In the basic sciences, there are four main research groups that are involved in specific research areas:
- Breast Imaging (headed by Cherie Kuzmiak, DO)
- MRI research (headed by Weili Lin, Ph.D.)
- Radiology Epidemiology Group (headed by Louise Henderson, Ph.D.)
- Translational Imaging Research (Yueh Lee, MD, PhD)
Each of these groups has a variety of research programs that they are conducting, which are described in further detail at their individual program sites.
Clinical research in the Department is conducted by all the clinical divisions. Research is ongoing into:
- Cardiothoracic Diseases
- Pediatric Diseases (Lynn Fordham, M.D.)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases (Daniel Nissman, M.D.)
- Cardiac Imaging and Cardiac Nuclear Medicine (W. Brian Hyslop, M.D., Ph.D.)
- PET/CT Imaging (Amir Khandani, M.D.)
- Neurological Diseases (Mauricio Castillo, M.D., Keith Smith, M.D., Ph.D., Valerie Jewells, M.D., Ben Huang, M.D., Yueh Z. Lee, M.D., Ph.D., Carlos Zamora, M.D.)
- Abdominal and Pelvic Genito-urinary CT and MRI (Lauren Burke, M.D.)
- Ultrasound (Ellie Lee, M.D.)
- Abdominal and Pelvic MRI (Lauren Burke, M.D., Ellie Lee, M.D.)
- Vascular Interventional Research (Charles Burke, M.D., Ari Isaacson, M.D.)
The Executive Vice Chair is J. Keith Smith, M.D., Ph.D., and the Vice Chair for Basic Research is Weili Lin, Ph.D. Interested parties can contact the above described researchers via their assigned departmental assistants.
To contact our Clinical Research Support Staff, click HERE.
**For Research Opportunities, click HERE.**