Do you have "peace of mind"?
Are you worried about health insurance?
Renee tells us why health insurance is so important to her and her family. Click on the photo below:
Things to consider when selecting a plan:
- Eligibility for and amount of financial assistance
- Amount of premium you would be required to pay
- Type of plan
- Whether providers are in network (and if so, what tier)
- Level and type of cost sharing for different plans and tiered networks
- If the plan has a deductible, what services are covered before you meet the deductible
- What is the difference between obtaining in-network or out-of-network care
- Whether your prescription medicines are in formulary, and if so, what level of cost sharing is required
Do you want free help from a certified counselor at UNC Family Medicine?
We are here to help! Call Tim Smith at 919-545-3440 to schedule a time.
Do you want to get free help outside of UNC FM?
Chapel Hill Public Library - 919-968-2780; Appointments and walk- in welcome on the day/times listed below. The library is located at 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Monday 5 p.m.-8 p.m. (English and Spanish); Tuesday 2 p.m.-5 p.m. (English and Spanish)Friday 2 p.m.-5 p.m. (English only)
Orange County Health Department: 919-245-2400; Appointments available at the Hillsborough and Chapel Hill health departments. (English & Spanish)
January 10, 2015: Enrollment Events
9:00 am-3:00pm Lincoln Community Health Center, 1301 Fayetteville Rd., Durham 27717
9:00 am-4:00pm Mexican Consulate, 431 Raleigh View Rd., Raleigh 27610
January 17, 2014: Enrollment Event
10:00 am-3:00pm UNC Family Medicine, 590 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
To select a health plan or to ask a question: https://www.healthcare.gov/
To see a video on the Health Insurance Marketplace, calculate subsidy amounts, or ask a question: http://healthreform.kff.org/