Do you have "peace of mind"?
Are you worried about health insurance?
Renee tells us why health insurance is so important to her and her family. Click on the photo below:
Special Enrollment Period
What is a special enrollment period?
A time outside of the open enrollment period during which you and your family have a right to sign up for health coverage. In the Marketplace, you qualify for a special enrollment period 60 days following certain life events that involve a change in family status (for example, marriage or birth of a child) or loss of other health coverage. Job-based plans must provide a special enrollment period of 30 days. Click on these links for more information.
- Apply with a Special Enrollment Period
- Having a major life change? You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
Call Legal Aid of North Carolina if you want to meet with someone about whether you qualify to enroll during a special enrollment period. Their phone number is : 1- 855-733-3711
Thing to remember after you selected a plan:
- Pay your monthly premiums
- Schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor if you selected a new one
- Update your insurance information when you go see a doctor
- Pay your out-of-pocket expenses, like copays, when you visit the doctor
- If you have a qualifying life event, e.g. you have a baby, get married, or divorced, go to healthcare.gov to update your information
Do you want free help from a certified counselor at UNC Family Medicine?
We are here to help! Call Tim Smith at 919-545-3440 to schedule a time.
Do you want to get free help outside of UNC FM?
Legal Aid of North Carolina: 855-733-3711 to schedule an appointment with a navigator statewide or on-line at http:connector.getcovered.org (English & Spanish)
Mondays and Thursdays, 5pm-8pm & Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 9am-5pm
To select a health plan or to ask a question: https://www.healthcare.gov/
To see a video on the Health Insurance Marketplace, calculate subsidy amounts, or ask a question: http://healthreform.kff.org/