Do you have "peace of mind"?
Are you worried about health insurance?
Renee tells us why health insurance is so important to her and her family. Click on the photo below:
Things to consider when selecting a plan:
- Amount of financial assistance you may be able to receive
- Amount of premium you would be required to pay
- Type of plan
- Are you doctors in the network (and if so, what tier)
- Level and type of cost sharing, e.g. copays, for different plans and tiered networks
- If the plan has a deductible, what services are covered before you meet the deductible
- What is the difference between obtaining in-network or out-of-network care
- Whether your prescription medicines are in formulary, and if so, what level of cost sharing is required
Do you want free help from a certified counselor at UNC Family Medicine?
We are here to help! Call Tim Smith at 919-545-3440 to schedule a time.
Do you want to get free help outside of UNC FM?
Chapel Hill Public Library - 919-968-2780; Appointments and walk- in welcome on the day/times listed below. The library is located at 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Monday 5 p.m.-8 p.m. (English and Spanish); Tuesday 2 p.m.-5 p.m. (English and Spanish)Friday 2 p.m.-5 p.m.(English only)
Orange County Health Department: 919-245-2400; Appointments available at the Hillsborough and Chapel Hill health departments. (English & Spanish)
Legal Aid of North Carolina: 855-733-3711 to schedule an appointment with a navigator statewide or on-line at http:connector.getcovered.org (English & Spanish)
Mondays and Thursdays, 5pm-8pm & Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 9am-5pm
January 30, 2015: Enrollment Event
10:00 a.m.- 4:00 pm Urban Ministries, 1390 Capital Blvd, Raleigh NC 27603
February 7, 2015: Enrollment Event
9:00 a.m.- 3:00 pm North Carolina Central University (Student Union)
1801 Fayetteville Road, Durham, 27707
9:00-4:00 pm Wake County Human Services (Southern Regional Center)
130 N. Judd Parkway, Fuquay-Varina NC 27526
February 9, 2015 : Enrollment Event
2:00-7:00 pm Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, 801 Hillsborough St, Raleigh 27605
To select a health plan or to ask a question: https://www.healthcare.gov/
To see a video on the Health Insurance Marketplace, calculate subsidy amounts, or ask a question: http://healthreform.kff.org/