We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Upon receipt of your ERAS application, the Residency Selection Committee will review your credentials. Please be sure to include 3 letters of recommendation with the application. These letters will be in addition to your Dean’s letter.
The letters of recommendation should include the following:
- Dean’s Letter
- One letter from your residency director at your training institution
- Two additional letters of reference (one letter preferably from the Director of Pain Services)
Requirements for further consideration of the application are that the applicant:
- Holds an M.D. degree or equivalent
- Shows evidence of having completed all three steps on the USMLE exam
- Completes an anesthesiology, neurology, psychiatry, physical medicine or rehabilitation training program prior to onset of fellowship in an accredited residency program
- Demonstrates evidence of interest and ability to carry out research, publication, clinical, and academic pursuits. Please note, we participate in the Pain Management Fellowship match for fellowships.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Selected candidates will interview with the pain management faculty.
Interviews will take place on the following dates:
- May 30
- May 31
Pain Management Fellowship
Number of Positions for 2020-2021: 3
Duration of fellowship: 12 months
Applications accepted beginning: December 1, 2018
Deadline for submission: May 31, 2019
The University of North Carolina’s Anesthesiology Pain Management Fellowship participates 100% in the NRMP Match. The match days for Anesthesiology Pain Management Fellowship positions for 2020-2021 can be found on the NRMP website. The match will open in May 2019 and Match Day will be in early October 2019. The fellowship will begin July 1, 2020.
Location: The University of North Carolina Hospitals and Clinics
Director: Dominika James, MD
For questions or additional information, please contact: