We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Upon receipt of your ERAS application, the Residency Selection Committee will review your credentials. In addition to the requirements set forth by ERAS, there are special pediatric anesthesia fellowship additional questions which should be used in lieu of a standard personal statement. Please follow the SPA fellowship application guidelines. We also require that you submit your ABA basic scores to address listed below. ITE scores will be considered should you choose to submit them.
The letters of recommendation should include the following:
- Dean’s Letter
- One letter from your residency director at your training institution
- Two additional letters of reference (one letter preferably from the Director of Pediatric Anesthesiology)
Requirements for further consideration of the application are that the applicant:
- Holds an M.D. degree or equivalent
- Provides evidence of having completed all three steps on the USMLE exam
- Completes an anesthesiology training program prior to onset of fellowship in an accredited residency program
- Demonstrates evidence of interest and ability to carry out research, publication, clinical, and academic pursuits.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Selected candidates will interview with the Pediatric Anesthesiology faculty.
Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship
Number of Positions for 2021-2022: 2 positions filled through NRMP Match
Duration of Fellowship: 12 months
We will start accepting applications December 1, 2019
ERAS Deadline for submission for 2021-2022: May 31, 2020
- While applications may be submitted through May 31, we strongly recommend that your application is submitted and complete by April 14, 2020 because of the already established interview schedule.
Location: The University of North Carolina Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Anesthesiology Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Applicants will need to register with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). The NRMP website is www.NRMP.org
Important: Interview days for the 2021-2022 fellowship year will be:
- April 20
- April 27
- May 4
- June 1
- June 22
- July 13
We will provide hotel accommodations for the evening before and lunch the day of the interview. Selected candidates will interview with the program director and members of the pediatric anesthesia faculty and fellowship program.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and invitations for interviews will be offered beginning in February.
The University of North Carolina’s Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship participates 100% in the NRMP Match. The match dates for Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowships positions for 2021-2022 can be found on the NRMP website. The match will open in May 2020 and Match Day will be in early October 2020.
For questions please contact:
Department of Anesthesiology
N2198 North Wing, UNC Hospitals
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7010
Phone: (919) 966-5136
Fax: (984) 974-4873