Pilot Data Program
Deadline for Application: 1/28/22
Total Award Amount Available: $15,000
The Center for Women’s Health Research (CWHR) recognizes the challenges researchers may face when competing for funding related to the generation of pilot data. Our goal is to contribute to the support of innovative research by assisting UNC faculty and alleviating that challenge.
- Applicants are eligible for awards up to $5,000, depending on need.
- The project proposal must address a disease, disorder, or condition that affects women only, women predominately, and/or women differently than men.
- PI must hold an appointment as Assistant or Associate Professor.
Examples of pilot data funds this program may cover are, but not limited to:
- Core support
- Analysis of data
- Lab animals
- Research assistant salary
- Training cost
- Supplemental funding is available only for persons who have submitted a grant proposal through CWHR as Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator within the past five years.
- Feedback and notice of awards for CWHR Programs will be on a rolling basis. CWHR will give priority to applications in the order of submission.
- CWHR will administer the grant associated with the program award.
- Awards for the Pilot Data Program must be spent within the fiscal year in which funding is anticipated.
- CWHR reserves the right to publicize the name of the principal investigator, project title, and total award on our website and social media upon funding unless otherwise stipulated in the contract of the awarding program.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.