Vice Chair, Faculty Affairs
- Support and guide neurology faculty with promotion and tenure procedures in different scholarship tracks including requirements to contribute to teaching, diversity, equity, inclusion, research, and professional service missions of UNC School of Medicine.
- Provide resources and access to professional development training and coaching to promote faculty advance in their work as clinicians, researchers, educators, and leaders.
- Facilitate appropriate mentee-mentorship relationships and annual evaluations designed to help with career management, career satisfaction, and collegial networking.
Vice Chair, Clinical Operations
- Promotes efforts to forward the clinical mission of the Neurology service
- Encourages innovation and quality, and improved access through developing virtual care programs
- Assists in the development/training of clinical leaders and Medical Directors for Neurology services
- Collaborates with UNCMC Administration, CMO, and UNC Health leaders on policies and procedures
- Works with Division Chiefs and Medical Directors to ensure the training of residents, fellows, and faculty
Vice Chair, Ambulatory Care Programs
Vice Chair, Research
- Promote overall research output and quality of science by providing access to cutting-edge neurotechnologies and strengthening collaborations
- Support faculty and trainees in research career development and ensure equity for all researchers
- Lead basic and clinical research committees to make relevant policies, strategic plans, and resource investments
Vice Chair, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Support departmental trainees, staff, faculty, and leadership efforts in fostering a diverse and inclusive professional environment.
- Organize activities that foster diversity, inclusivity, and community such as grand rounds, seminars, community engagement
- Ensure departmental engagement with and participation in SOM programs that foster diversity and inclusivity such as STHAR, Carolina First Look, etc.
- Circulate regular Diversity and Inclusion newsletter announcing upcoming learning, training, and networking opportunities
Vice Chair, Education
- Quality assurance of all educational programs
- Organize the structure and coordination of neurology educational programs from undergraduate through graduate medical education and increase access to such programs
- Advocate and promote visibility of education within and outside the Department of Neurology
- Oversee educational mentoring within the department
Vice Chair, Quality Improvement
Implement quality improvement initiatives to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities for neurology patients across North Carolina.
- Foster collaborations to enhance the delivery of high value care to neurology patients across UNC Health
- Develop infrastructure to reduce medical errors and ensure that UNC Health neurology patients receive the safest care possible