Referring Provider Resources
Learn about important appointment information and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.Fax referrals to
- Adult Neurology Clinic: 984-974-2285
- Neuro-Oncology Clinic (Neurology): 984-974-8613
- Neurogenetics: 984-974-2285 (please fill out specific referral form)
- Child Neurology Clinic: 984-974-5437
- Procedure requests: 984-974-1667
- Visual evoked potential
- Somatosensory evoked potential
- Sleep study/polysomnography: 984-974-1668
Due to limited staffing and other considerations, we are currently unable to provide service for conditions listed below. The following provides the contact information of specialists who may be able to offer expertise for services that we are not equipped to treat at this time.
Low Back Pain – UNC Hospitals Imaging and Spine Center or UNC Hospitals Pain Management Center
- Spine Center – The Center prefers referrals to come electronically via UNC Carelink. Start the process by entering an Ambulatory Referral to the Spine Center. There is an option after this to specify a specialty if desired; the Center has spine specialists from PM&R, Ortho and Neurosurgery. If you do not have UNC CareLink, you may submit a referral by faxing (919) 966-9094 or by calling (984) 974-4200. Please note that referrals are not necessarily required.
- UNC Hospitals Pain Management Center – Submit referrals through UNC CareLink or fax a referral form to (984) 974-6793. For more information, call (984) 974-6688.
Primary Psychiatric Disorders – UNC Department of Psychiatry
- Submit referrals through UNC CareLink or fax a referral form to (984) 974-, or visit their website (place link here)
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – UNC Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Submit a referrals through UNC CareLink or fax a referral form to (984) 974-9786. For more information, call (984) 974-9747 or visit their website.
Fibromyalgia – UNC Hospitals Pain Management Center
- Submit referrals through UNC CareLink or fax a referral form to (984) 974-6793. For more information, call (984) 974-6688.
- In order to expedite the care of your patient, please provide the specific reason for the consult request and fully complete the referral form. Also, please include the patient’s current contact and insurance information.
- Providers who have access to UNC CareLink may submit a referral request online. If you would like to enroll, click on UNC CareLink and select “Request an Account.” You may wish to download an overview of the referral portal or view a step-by-step guide on how to sign up.
- If you don’t have a UNC CareLink account, please fax a completed Referral Form, including the specific referral question and pertinent records to (984) 974-2285. If you have any questions, please call (984) 974-4401 or email email@example.com.
If your patient has undergone any of the below studies/evaluations, please provide us with a copy of those reports should you have a copy. Otherwise, please encourage your patients to acquire and bring them to their visit with us.
- CT scans
- Laboratory and genetic testing
- Sleep studies
- Other neurodiagnostic testing
- Visit notes
- Procedure notes (e.g. lumbar puncture, and injections)