Patient Appointment Information
Learn about important appointment information and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic
The UNC Department of Neurology provides consultative and patient care services for patients referred by primary care physicians, other specialists, and other neurologists. Following our evaluation, a detailed report is sent back to the referring physician.
PatientsPlease have the following information ready
Please have the following information ready
- Name and address of the referring physician
- Correct spelling of patient’s full and legal name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Social security number and insurance information including the name of the insurance carrier, name of the policyholder (subscriber name), and the policy number
- UNC patient identification number if it has been issued.
- A list of current prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and supplements that you take. (You may bring your bottles with you.)
- Your insurance card and provider referral forms if required by insurance.
- Information about your medical and surgical history.
- Any relevant films or records you may have related to your current problem. When possible, please send these to us PRIOR to your appointment to ensure that we have all materials necessary for your visit.
- A list of questions that you have about your condition and/or symptoms.
All new and established patients are informed at the time of appointment scheduling of the No Show, Late, and Cancellation policy which took effect starting April 1, 2013, further modified in June 2016. To create and maintain a patient/provider relationship with the UNC Hospitals Neurology Clinic, all patients agree to the stipulations set forth in this policy. You may download an updated, written copy of the official policy here.
The UNC Neurology Clinic accepts most insurance carriers. Patients without insurance should contact the neurology financial counselor. When the initial appointment is made, they will be given the financial counselor’s name and telephone number. Payment plans are available and can be discussed with the financial counselor at the time of the visit.