Launched in 2019 as the Mentored Member Program, the newly rebranded AOE FLAGship (Faculty/Fellow Leadership and Growth) Program provides cohort members, from various departments and specialties, with a community of educators and a venue to discuss leadership development, promotion and progress, and educational literature. It also affords them the opportunity to connect participants with mentors or help find a mentor.
Members that take part in this program will:
- Begin an educational project, which could be research, a new teaching opportunity, or any array of options
- Learn about and connect with educators in the Academy community
- Attend monthly FLAGship journal clubs and leadership development sessions
- Present one journal club paper during the FLAGship year
The individuals applying for the program must demonstrate a commitment during the mentored year to at least one of the following:
- Direct teaching or mentoring, including didactic or clinical teaching of medical students, residents, fellows, graduate students, Post Docs, or other faculty
- Instructional development and curriculum design (including the development of medical education resources)
- Student or resident advising and mentoring
- Educational administration and leadership
- Educational research
- Continuing medical education resources
- The application cycle is now closed for 2021-22. Please check back in June 2022 for the next cycle.
Candidates will be asked to include their updated CV in PDF format and a brief statement of no more than 100 words explaining why you believe you would be a good candidate for the FLAGship Program.