Launched in 2019, the AOE FLAGship (Faculty/Fellow Leadership and Growth) Program provides cohort members, from various departments and specialties, with a community of educators and a venue to discuss educator and leadership development, promotion and progress, and educational literature. It also allows them to connect participants with mentors or help them find a mentor. The FLAGship program encourages fellows and faculty to apply and participate in the 9-month-long program. Monthly sessions include topics of scholarship, leadership, and educator(ship).
Members that take part in this program will:
- Begin an educational project, which could be research, a new teaching opportunity, or an array of options
- Learn about and connect with educators in the Academy community
- Attend monthly FLAGship sessions, including educational journal clubs, leadership development sessions, and education-related workshops.
In addition to attending at least 12 FLAGship sessions during the year, individuals applying for the program must demonstrate a commitment during the FLAGship year to at least one of the following:
- Direct teaching or mentoring, including didactic or clinical teaching of medical students, residents, fellows, graduate students, Post Docs, or other faculty
- Instructional development and curriculum design (including the development of medical education resources)
- Student or resident advising and mentoring
- Educational administration and leadership
- Educational research
- Continuing medical education resources
Contact Program Leads Christina Shenvi, MD, Ph.D. (email@example.com) and Koyal Jain, MD, MPH, FASN (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Applications are closed for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Candidates will be asked to include their updated CV in PDF format and a brief statement of no more than 100 words explaining why you believe you would be a good candidate for the FLAGship Program.
Click here to complete the application.