News provided by the Carolina Alumni Review – March 8, 2021
A celebration for the class of 2020 — whose Commencement was diminished by the COVID-19 pandemic — is scheduled for October 9-10, 2021.
Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz told the class members last week that the majority of respondents to a survey did not want a 2020 Commencement experience to be packaged with that of the class of 2021.
And the University said: We hear you.
“We promise that your weekend this fall — a historic first on our campus — will be worth the long wait you have endured for one more special Carolina experience with your classmates, families and loved ones,” Guskiewicz said.
Among the festivities are:
• Special recognition throughout the football game vs. Florida State — the game will be dedicated to the class;
• A football watch-party experience (a limited number of game tickets will be made available);
• The GAA’s traditional Bell Tower Climb;
• A special Taste of Chapel Hill food truck dine-around;
• The GAA’s traditional Champagne Toast; and
• A tassel-turning ceremony in Kenan Stadium on Sunday.