I am writing to let you know I am now serving as the Well-being Liaison for the Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics. This role is supported by the School of Medicine’s Office of Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development.
In this role, my goal is to work with the Department and others in the School of Medicine to support a learning, training, and working environment in which all members of our community thrive.
In this position, I serve on the School of Medicine’s Well-being Committee, and I have several duties:
- staying abreast of ongoing wellness-related programming and resources available, and serving as a point of contact to connect colleagues to resources as needed
- participating in training to enhance skills and knowledge necessary to serve as an effective liaison
- coordinating with key stakeholders to contribute to ongoing maintenance and relevance of well-being resources and to ensure that community needs are being met
- being available to connect with colleagues (email me to schedule a time)
- supporting the Chair with wellness-related activities
- working with our Department’s Diversity Liaison, Silvia Ramos to support a more inclusive culture
Do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of service to you or if you’d like to suggest ways in which I can better support you and our department.
*Wellness is defined as the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health and fulfillment.
*Well-being is defined as a state of being healthy and fulfilled.
Jill Dowen, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Well-being Liaison & Assistant Professor
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Department of Biology
Integrative Program for Biological & Genome Sciences
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
3360 Genome Sciences Building, CB7100
250 Bell Tower Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7100