The BRIC has transitioned to a new online scheduling and billing system, called iLab, which will help streamline our workflow. Please read and follow the steps below carefully to create an account in the iLab before scheduling or sending out imaging request:
- Each user needs to register with iLab first for future imaging studies. If you already have an account, including chart string billing information, you can jump to #6 below to schedule your study. If not, please continue.
- For external users, you can go directly to register by individual by clicking the blue button below and complete the registration, then go to #6.
You will receive a “welcome to iLab” email with your login and password within one day following a short review process.
- For UNC internal users, the principle investigator (PI) needs to register first by clicking the above button. Once a PI’s account has been approved, members in the lab can register using the same link above and choose the PI’s lab during the registration process. PI’s, please communicate with your lab members after your account has been approved so they can register.
- The PI must then setup their UNC accounts with chart fields information by clicking “manually add a new account number” (see more information in the “Chart Fields Instruction” below. The PI can also designate the lab manager or someone in your department (as long as he or she has an iLab account) as a financial administrator to manage the accounts, so that he/she can help you to enter the chart strings and assign chart strings to each member. See box below for instructions on how to enter chart-string information. If you are not a UNC user, then you must enter your billing information during registration.
- The PI or Lab Manager will need to assign each member in your lab to at least one chart-string in order for him/her to book studies in iLab. This can be done by clicking on “Manage Account Numbers” in your lab settings.
- Once your account has been approved and you have at least one chart-string assigned, you can access the UNCCH cores that are live within the iLab system by logging in with your username and password at the following link:
Click on the “Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC)” link on the left side of the iLab page to either reserve equipment (for trained users) by clicking on the “Reserve Equipment” tab or send a service request via the “Request Services” tab for a staff assisted study or untrained users.
- Users must be trained first in order to schedule time on a calendar for user-operated imaging study. In order to be trained you must submit a request by clicking on “Request Services” tab followed by clicking on “Small Animal Imaging”. You will then click on “initiate request” for “Small Animal Imaging Training Request”.
In order to add chart string information you will need to click on the “request” button within the lab under the “membership and requests & chartfield strings” tab. There you will be able to specify which chartfield you would like added for scheduling and billing. This will be done by the university and not the user or PI as it was in the past. If there are questions regarding this please contact UNC Core Support at email@example.com.
We hope this transition will make BRIC equipment and services easier to access, campus core services more uniform, and chartfield strings more convenient. If you have any questions or issues that arise after the implementation please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; BRIC staff, for issues and questions about scheduling on BRIC equipment calendars, requesting BRIC services, current appointments and billing.
- email@example.com; the SOM Business office, for issues and questions about managing iLab research groups and chartfield string entry and management.
- iLabfirstname.lastname@example.org; iLab technical support, for issues and questions about accessing your iLab account or reporting bugs.
- BRIC Staff: 919-966-2855, email@example.com
- Hong Yuan, SAI Director: 919-843-3819, firstname.lastname@example.org