Ultrasound is a high resolution, high throughput, and non-invasive modality and is also one of three modalities in which users are trained to conduct their own imaging within the SAI facility. See below for more details about ultrasound about training opportunities study.
The BRIC is home to two state of the art Vevo-2100 ultrasound machines from Visualsonics Inc. which are located in Marsico Hall (SB229) and the Genetic Medicine Building vivarium (UB61) Users who want to use the Vevo-2100 system in GMB are required to have their animals housed in the GMB Vivarium. We offer several transducer options, and analysis and imaging packages to optimize your imaging study.
- Image guided injections
- Microbubble enhanced perfusion imaging
- Embryo measurement and screening
- Tumor measurement
- Cardiac function and output
- Flow doppler measurements
- 3-D volumetric imaging
Main Imaging Features
- Multiple foci covering a larger field of view
- Faster B-mode frame rate (>250 fps vs average 60 fps with Vevo770)
- Large field of view (max 36x36mm)
- Frame rates in 3-D up to 740 fps (for 4mm x 4mm field of view)
- 30 um resolution
- VevoCQ analysis software package for easy quantification
- Multiple file output formats (TIFF, BMP, DICOM, AVI, MS Video 9)
- Offline analysis within the SAIF.
The SAI offers training on our ultrasound imaging systems. Please click on this link to learn more about requesting training for our systems. Staff assisted imaging is also available for an additional fee. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 919-966-2855 with any questions about your ultrasound study.
Optical imaging can be scheduled after training by SAI staff through iLab. Please follow the instructions at the Schedule a Study link for more details or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.