Allergy and Immunology
About Our Research
Research efforts within the Pediatric Allergy, Immunology division include projects involving: environmental exposures to pollutants and their impact on airway disease, asthma, eosinophilic esophagitis, environmental allergy, food allergy, primary ciliary dyskinesia, primary immune deficiency, vaping and e-cigarette use, auto inflammatory syndromes, and many more.
Our faculty collaborates in these projects with colleagues across campus, including researchers working throughout the School of Medicine, the Marsico Lung Institute, the Gillings School of Global Public, and the Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology.
Ongoing Clinical Trials and Studies
- Omalizumab as Monotherapy and as Adjunct Therapy to Multi-Allergen OIT in Food Allergic Participants (Outmatch)
- Peanut Allergy Study
- Epidemiological and Immunological Aspects of COVID-19
- Pediatric COVID‐19 Booster Vaccine in Autoimmune Non-Responders
- Tissue Repository for Inflammatory & Allergic Chronic GI diseases
- UNC Asthma Registry for Kids