About Our Research
Research efforts within the Pediatric Pulmonology division include projects involving: asthma, cystic fibrosis, primary ciliary dyskinesia, primary immunodeficiency, lung disease of prematurity, interstitial lung disease, environmental exposures to pollutants and their impact on airways, and many more.
Our faculty collaborates in these projects with colleagues across campus, including researchers working throughout the School of Medicine, the Marsico Lung Institute, the Gillings School of Global Public Health, and the Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology.
Ongoing Clinical Trials and Studies
- ORBEX Trial for the Prevention of Asthma
- In-vivo effects of E-cigarette aerosol
- Initial and Chronic Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Infection in Cystic Fibrosis (CF) (TRI-STAR)
- UNC Asthma Registry for Kids
- Study on Internet Tobacco Sales to Youth