Neurosurgery Residency – How to Apply
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS):
We accept applications through ERAS. You may contact your medical school or consult the for additional information regarding the process.
- National Residency Matching Program (NRMP)
Neurosurgery resident applicants must register with the . Our program code is 1900160C0.
- Additional Requirements:
1. Three letters of recommendation, at least one from a neurosurgeon
2. Scores from Step 1 of the USMLE
3. Personal Statement
5. Dean’s letter – available by October 1st
UNC Hospitals will consider applications of those who have been issued a J-1 Visa and who hold a current ECFMG Certificate.
All materials should be received by October 1.
2019 Interview Dates
October 23, 24, 25
Questions regarding the application and interview process as well as general program questions can be directed to Dr. Eldad Hadar, Dr. Carolyn Quinsey or Julie Seger. Contact them at:
Phone: (919) 445-0627
Fax: (919) 843-6520
UNC Department of Neurosurgery
170 Manning Drive, CB# 7060
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7060
Eldad J. Hadar, MD
Carolyn Quinsey, MD