About UNC Neurosurgery
UNC’s Pediatric Neurosurgery blends its resources as an academic medical institution with the family-centered care of a private practice.
Why families choose us
- We use minimally-invasive techniques whenever possible.
- To help achieve the best outcome, our neurosurgeons work with a multi-disciplinary team of pediatric experts to develop a comprehensive treatment plan for your child. Each specialist shares their own perspective with the team for a more comprehensive understanding of your child’s condition.
- Providing compassionate care is one of our top priorities at UNC Pediatric Neurosurgery, and we offer a personalized, family-centered approach to treatment. We recognize and respect the importance of the family as part of the health care team.
- We offer a robust clinical infrastructure to support your child’s care. Our nurse practitioners and nursing staff are highly skilled and specially trained to care for pediatric neurosurgery patients.
- We work closely with your child’s pediatrician to ensure the continuity of care at home. Also, we offer monthly clinics in Raleigh, Pinehurst and Wilmington in addition to our primary location in Chapel Hill.
- In late 2013, the American College of Surgeons recognized UNC Hospitals as a Level I pediatric trauma center, capable of providing the highest level of expertise in treating critically injured children. That makes N.C. Children’s Hospital one of only two children’s facilities in the state—and the only one in the Triangle—to receive ACS Level I recognition. UNC Children’s trauma program is also noted as “exceptional” in the category of caring for patients with severe traumatic brain injury. In addition, we are the only North Carolina hospital to offer fetal surgery.