The Academy for Radiology & Biomedical Imaging Research (the Academy) has selected Eran Dayan, PhD, and Yueh Z. Lee, MD, PhD, to receive the Academy’s 2023 Distinguished Investigator (DI) Award.
This prestigious honor recognizes individuals for their outstanding contributions to medical imaging. This class will be welcomed as part of the broader Council, including a network of nearly 500 imaging investigators.
“Year after year we are impressed by the caliber of the Distinguished Investigators,” remarks Michael F. McNitt-Gray, Co-Chair of the Academy’s Council of Distinguished Investigators. “Their outstanding efforts and contributions set a high standard for future medical imaging investigators.”
Each of the honorees nominated by academia or a member society has met the following criteria:
- Primary professional appointment in an academic Department of Radiology
- Recipient of a MD, DO, and/or PhD degree(s)
- Academic rank of at least Associate Professor or its equivalent
- Sustained productivity, including at least 25 peer-reviewed scientific research publications in which the awardee is the first author or senior author
- Demonstrated accomplishments as an independent investigator with a substantial ongoing research program, including at least 6 cumulative years of funding as the Principal Investigator of a major competitive extramural research grant
The Class of 2023 will be inducted into the Academy’s Council of Distinguished Investigators this fall during the 2023 Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA). The ceremony and celebration will take place in-person at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL on Tuesday, November 28, 2023