We currently are unable to offer consultative services for chronic pain management, low back pain, chronic headache, primary psychiatric disorders, chronic vertigo, TBI/PTSD or fibromyalgia. Referrals received for these reasons will be declined.
To Refer a Patient:
- Providers who have access to may submit a referral request online. If you would like to enroll, click on the link and select "Request an Account."
- If you don't have a UNC CareLink account, please fax a , including specific referral question and records to (984) 974-2285.
In order to avoid a delay of the referral process please be sure to answer all parts of the referral form, including the specific question (reason for consult), and include complete, accurate contact information for the patient. Please include insurance information if applicable.
New patient referral process:
- Referrals are reviewed for level urgency and if the referral reason is appropriate for Neurology to consult.
- Urgent referrals are processed the same day if received by 2pm or the next day if received after 2pm. Patients are contacted within a day upon approval for an appointment in the Triage clinic if immediate consult is needed.
- Non-urgent referrals are processed in three to five business days.
- The approval process may take an additional five business days if the referral is more appropriate for one of our seven sub-specialty clinics (versus General Neurology).
- If the referral is approved our schedulers will contact the patient directly for an appointment.
- If the referral is declined our schedulers will inform the referring provider via fax or the referral portal if applicable.