Research contributing to discoveries associated with COVID-19 has been growing on the UNC campus over the past year. To help increase visibility of this integral research and illustrate the extensive organizational collaborations that help move UNC research forward, a team from University Libraries – Health Sciences Library analyzed the COVID-19 research output of UNC Chapel Hill (UNC-CH) researchers between January 2020 and April 2021.
Between January 2020 – April 2021, a total of 782 UNC-CH researchers have authored 579 publications. This publication set was used to answer the following questions:
- What is UNC-CH’s research output related to COVID-19 and in which journals are UNC-CH researchers publishing?
- Which individuals within the University have been involved in research efforts?
- How are schools within UNC-CH collaborating on COVID-19 research efforts?
- With which institutions, organizations, and countries are UNC-CH researchers collaborating?
- What are the various areas of focus being investigated within the research domain?
To see the full report please visit https://go.unc.edu/UNC-COVID19-Research