Lurie Children's Hospital
Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship
The Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery is currently seeking candidates for the one-year clinical fellowship position in Pediatric Otolaryngology. The University is home to the highly-respected North Carolina Children’s Hospital. Multi-disciplinary centers at UNC include the N.C. Children’s Airway Center, the UNC Craniofacial Center, and the UNC Children’s Cochlear Implant Center.
Lauren A. Leeper, MD, FACS
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Department of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
Phone: (919) 843-3628
Fax: (919) 966-7941
Phone: (919) 966-3343
Fax: (919) 966-7941
- Carlton J. Zdanski, MD, FAAP, FACS, Professor, Chief of the Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Amelia F. Drake, MD, FACS, Professor, Director of the UNC Craniofacial Center
- Austin S. Rose, MD, FARS, MBA, Professor
- Lauren A. Leeper, Associate Professor, Director of the Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship Program
- Jaime P. Doody, MD, Assistant Professor
Requirements for Appointment:
- Board eligible/Board certified Otolaryngologist
- Valid North Carolina state medical license
- Ability to begin July 1
- Position of Clinical Fellow
- Salary commensurate with PGY-6 level
- Standard medical, disability, and malpractice
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Availability and support to present research at national meetings
- Educational fund
- Candidates must register with the San Francisco Matching Program: www.sfmatch.org
- A letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation should be sent to:
Lauren Leeper, MD, FACS
Attn: Ellen Doutt
Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
170 Manning Drive, CB# 7070
Physicians Office Building
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7070
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity/ADA employer
- Application Deadline: January 15
- Starting Date: July 1 – June 30
- Duration of Fellowship: 1 year
- Licensing Requirement: NC Licensure Required.
- Clinic Responsibilities: Weekly Fellow clinic, and instructing residents in general clinics.
- Operative Experience: Entire spectrum of pediatric otolaryngology, open and endoscopic airway surgery, head and neck surgery, facial plastics surgery and microtia repair, surgical and laser treatment of vascular lesions, endoscopic sinus surgery, cleft lip and palate, cochlear implantation, chronic ear surgery.
- Research: Clinic and basic science opportunities available.
- Case Load: Approximately 2,000 operative cases per year.
- Additional information: The University is home to a free-standing Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Airway Center, Craniofacial Center and The Children’s Cochlear Implant Center. There would also be opportunities for research as well as rotations in pediatric anesthesia, pediatric pulmonary medicine and pediatric genetics.
Meet our Fellows!
University of California
Los Angeles, CA
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Children's Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO
Asheville Ear Nose &Throat
John Hopkins Hospital
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Tampa Children's ENT