- Assistant Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Interim Division Chief – Neuro-Oncology
The majority of my clinical practice is patients with glioblastoma. These patients are sick, require prompt diagnosis and prompt treatment. Due to limited options for these patients, they also require cutting-edge treatments. I believe in personalized medicine for glioblastoma where treatments should depend not only on their age and performance status, but also the molecular and genetic profile of their tumor.
For me, the top priority is always patient care, to treat every patient like they were my family members. These patients and their families need compassion, they also need a treating physician who can be a friend and a guide. I want my patients to think of me first whenever they have any medical, social, or financial issue that has arisen from their tumor. I also believe that patients need choices and autonomy to choose the treatment which is best for them. I am there not just to offer treatments that are available at my center, but also to talk about treatments that may be available across the country or globe.
- My primary area of interest is glioblastoma: clinical trials for newly diagnosed and recurrent glioblastoma, brain tumor micro-environment, brain tumor imaging, immunotherapy for brain tumors and CAR- T for recurrent glioblastoma. Other interests include other brain tumors, brain metastasis, and leptomeningeal disease.
Clinical Research Interests
- Management of patients with glioblastoma, clinical trials for newly diagnosed and recurrent glioblastoma, patient quality of life, and patient experience. Immunotherapy for glioblastoma, glioblastoma micro-environment, tumor imaging, blood-brain barrier, CAR- T for glioblastoma.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences, 2000 – 2005
Government Medical College Srinagar, India, 2005 – 2006
- Chief Resident in Neurology
Department of Neurology, The Ohio State University, 2018 – 2019
- Clinical Research Fellow in Neurosciences
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2012 – 2014
- Neuro-oncology Fellow
Rose Ella Burkhardt Brain Tumor and Neuro-oncology Center. Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 2019-2020