1 & 2. PHCO 643/644--Cell Structure, Signaling, and Growth Control I. An interdisciplinary course that incorporates principles of cellular and molecular pharmacology, physiology, cell biology, receptors, signal transduction and cell adhesion.
1 & 2. PHCO 722/723--Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology. A two-semester interdisciplinary course that incorporates principles of pharmacology
3. PHCO 701—Introduction to Molecular Pharmacology. A one semester course on general principles of pharmacology
4. PHCO 702—Principles of Pharmacology and Physiology. A one semester course that focuses on advanced pharmacological and physiological principles of drug action. (Not required for MSTP students)
5. PHCO 730—Seminar in Pharmacology. A presentation-based course geared towards techniques and critical evaluation of the literature.
6. PHCO 732—Grant Writing Workshop. A 4-week course designed to help students develop their grant writing skills and prepare for their qualifying exams.
7. Electives—Students are strongly encouraged to round out their scientific knowledge by taking one or more graduate-level elective courses. Examples include courses focused on Signal Transduction, Drug Discovery, Small GTPases, Bioinformatics and Protein Kinases, as well as seminar-type courses offered by other departments.