Applying to the Physician Scientist Training Program
Page updated September 2021.
We are most happy to talk to you by email or phone.
When you have decided to apply you will follow these steps:
- Apply through ERAS as a Physician Scientist applicant, please also indicate whether you would like to be considered to match in the categorical program as well.
- Provide a specific and detailed letter of recommendation from your previous research mentor.
- Please ask your letter writers to note that their letter is in support of your application for Research Pathway training in Internal Medicine and the specific sub-specialty you are applying to (we recognize your subspecialty interest may change but this should reflect the training you are currently most interested in pursuing)
- Applicants for the PSTP will be asked to complete a supplemental application form that includes:
- The subspecialty(ies) you intend to pursue
- A list of awards and grants you have received recognizing your research accomplishments
- A list of peer reviewed publications that are published or accepted
- A list of manuscripts that are under review or in preparation
- A synopsis of your previous research experience including a description of the project and its significance as well as your contributions to the work.
- Indicate your interest in the Research Pathway in your ERAS application.
- Email our Program Director, the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director, and the Physician Scientist Training Program Administration:
- Interviews for this program are conducted over two days and include exposure to the Medicine Residency, the Physician Scientist Training Program, and are coordinated with the subspecialty training program of interest. Interview dates for each subspecialty interest follow, please reserve the date associated with the subspecialty of interest as potential interview dates.
10/25 & 10/26: Endocrinology, Nephrology, Rheumatology / Allergy and Immunology
11/01 & 11/02: Cardiology and Gastroenterology
11/08 & 11/09: Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Pulmonology and Critical Care
11/15 & 11/16: Endocrinology, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Rheumatology / Allergy and Immunology
11/29 & 11/30: Infectious Diseases, Hematology / Oncology
12/06 & 12/07: Cardiology, Geriatrics, Infectious Diseases, Pulmonology and Critical Care