Thank you for your interest in our program.
We request that you submit your application through ERAS. The deadline for accepting applications is November 1, 2019.
Please include the following as part of your application:
- Letter from the Department of Medicine (Chair)
- Two additional Letters of Reference. These may come from faculty in any department.
- One year of Clinical Experience in the United States with supporting letters.
- We only sponsor J1 VISAs.
Applicants interested in the Physician Scientist Training Program, click here.
Applicants interested in the Internal Medicine–Pediatrics Residency Program, click here.
Check out our recently posted audio podcast with Dr. Falk, Dr. Bynum, and Dr. Shelby on preparing for residency interviews. You can listen to it here.
We review our applications in a holistic manner, and do not have specific cut-offs for USMLE scores or grades. We also take pride in the fact that we personally review our applications, and wait until we receive the MSPE (Dean’s letters) before we send out invitations to interview.
We will send out either an invitation to interview or a rejection notice to all applicants, and send these out at the same time in mid-October rather than in “waves.” We aim to be fair and transparent in this process, and feel strongly that it is not right to leave applicants in the dark about their status.
In addition, if you have been invited to interview, we commit to finding a time to interview you. If you are on our wait list for a specific date, be assured that we will find a date for you.
We personally review all of your applications.
- We do not send out interview invitations before we have the MSPE.
- We let all applicants know whether or not they are invited to interview.
- We do not use the USMLE scores to stratify applicants.
- We aim to be transparent and fair in our process to every applicant.
- It is our sincere goal to make the entire interview process a personal one that follows the “UNC Way.”