Research – Our residents are encouraged to use elective time to complete a research project. Faculty in both the Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics are eager to serve as mentors. Residents present their work at UNC research days as well as regional and national meetings.
Sample of Scholarly Activities for UNC Med/Peds Residents from 2016-2017
- Evan Zeitler,: QI: Improving screening for microalbuminuria in diabetic clinic patients
- Krishna Aluri, Andrew Campbell, Emily Ciccone, Alyssa Tilly,: Global Health Focus: Malawi. UNC Combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Noon Conference
- Alyssa Tilly: Interdisciplinary Morbidity and Mortality: Critical Airway. University of North Carolina Housestaff Council Morbidity and Mortality Conference
- Alex Despotes and Emily Ciccone: Spicing Up the Differential for Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage. Poster presentation at NC ACP meeting,
- Hanna Coletti: Early disease progression of Hurler syndrome, published in Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases in 2017
- Mark Chandler: Reducing Daily Labs, oral presentation at NC ACP meeting.
- Vince Gonzalez: Poster presentation at national CHEST conference.
- Steven Hochman: Pseudomonas bacteremia in a case of exertional heat stroke, Poster presentation at national American Thoracic Society conference
- Erin Finn: Separating the Wheat from the Whipple, poster presentation at NC ACP